Schedule of Events for Black History Month: All events begin at 10:00 a.m. with the exception of the Hog Killing which begin at 8;00 a.m.
- February 6th Mrs. Kay McFall and Lisa Perry will be presenting stories through songs.
- February 10th Mrs. Anna Cook will demonstrate Kitchen Tools of the Past
- February 13th The Center will celebrate Abraham Lincoln Day with presentations by Ms. Phyllis and Ms. Diane of the Randolph County Library
- February 18th Will be the Annual Old Fashion Community Hog Butchering and meat processing followed by a pot luck lunch. The event will start around 8 O’Clock A.M. with lunch being served around 12 noon
- February 18th 6:30 P.M. Marylain’s Clogging Company will preform in Concert
- February 22nd The Mosaic Templars Center of Little Rock AR will present a workshop
- February 24th The annual Community Dinner and Special Guest Speaker
- Feburary 27th The Powhattan Historical State Park Group will present a Soap making demonstration
- February 29th The Center will sponsor a Black History Quiz Bowl with BRTC/PLC beginning at 10:00 a.m.
You may call the Herron Center/Museum at the phone numbers listed above for more information.
The Herron Center/Museum will be open every day during Feburary drop by anytime and visit. Hours of operation will be from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for daily facts about African American History.